Friday, June 19, 2009

Beach time!

This week my friend Yolanda was in town with her little one Welsey who is only 2 days older than Makayla. It was a beautiful day and we packed up the kids and went down to Duck Lake. I was not sure how Makayla would since she really has not played in sand or the water. Needless to say she surprised me! She LOVED playing in the sand and LOVED the water. Granted the water was a little bit on the cold side, but she did not want to get out. I took her in for a little bit and then brought her back out to play in the sand. When I took her back in the water, she did not want me to hang on to her and she kept wanting to go further into to the water, the deep section (well deep to her). She had so much fun and so did Wesley. Wesley enjoyed the sand a little too much, he wanted to do a taste test. Not sure what he thought of that. We left the beach around 3:30 and the kids were fast asleep with in minutes of leaving. They both slept for a good 2 hours and I am sure that she would have slept more, but we woke her up, because we wanted her to sleep that night! I am very happy that she loves teh beach, there will be more beach days to come this year. Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Come on Nicole...you're meaning to tell me that you didn't think YOUR daughter would love the beach?? Like mother like daughter! :)

Eric and Angie said...

Its about time I've been checking all the time for new pictures!!! She is getting so big we will have to try and get you guys up if you have a free weekend!!! Give me a call!!!